Thứ Hai, 22 tháng 11, 2010

OPINION ESSAY 1


Topic: People say that watching TV is harmful
     Months ago, my TV was broken .It took me nearly 3 weeks to get it repaired. I cannot remember how many times I turned on the TV forgetting that it was broken. I still remember how uneasy I was during these 3 weeks. Because of this, I could not watch my favorite entertaining programs. Even worse, I missed all of learning programs that I really love. It just drove me crazy without a TV. And then I realize how important it is to me, watching TV makes my life be more comfortable and meaningful.
     First of all, watching TV is an extremely good way to relax. There are a lot of interesting programs on TV that we can watch after long hours hardworking such as: news, films, fashion show, music show... watching TV helps us refresh our mind, forget all about the busy life and feel relaxed .For example, instead of going to the concert which is filled of a lot of people and noise, we can still enjoy it on the TV comfortable at home without going anywhere. Moreover, there are lots of different channels on TV so that it is not easy to get bored with the same programs. Watching TV brings us another fascinating world that makes our life be more fun and less stressed.
     Secondly, we can learn a lot by watching TV, too. Through all those programs, we can get all the information about our world without spending a lot of money to go to those places directly. For example, if we want to know about the progress of the war happening between the USA and Iraq, we can have all the information through the “news” on TV every day without taking any flight to go there. In addition, for me, watching TV enriches my knowledge day by day. For example, learning English from TV is also an effective way. There are various learning English programs on TV for children; especially my favorite program is “Barney and small friends”. I can listen to Barney and lots of small lovely children, all native speakers talking, singing and dancing. It is really a fun program with all the outstanding imagination and music. My English is improving very fast thanks to this program on TV. So watching TV not only brings me more fun but also brings me more knowledge. However, many people say that watching TV takes too much time away from family life. There are more and more young adult prefer to spend hours and hours watching TV than spending more time with family activities such as: talking, doing housework, cooking…This may be true in some families but it is not exactly true that watching TV takes a way family time. In fact, watching TV also can make family members be closer to each other. For example, is there anything be more fun than all family members watching a film and laughing together.
     Even though some people sat that, we cannot deny the fact that watching TV is very important in life. Besides entertaining, watching TV can also give us a lot of information about the world and enrich our knowledge day by day. So to get the best from watching TV, everybody should manage the time watching TV suitably.

2 nhận xét:

  1. Even though some people sat that -- What is that?

    This may be true in some families but it is not exactly true that watching TV takes a way family time. --- not persuasive in the way you use the language ( may be true - is not exactly true)

    Good development, organisation and language use

    Mark: 8.9

    Trả lờiXóa