Thứ Năm, 14 tháng 4, 2011

CLASSIFICATION ESSAY

TOPIC: Kinds of teaching styles that you have experienced so far.

In the future, I want to become an excellent teacher who makes all of my students never forget about me. As being a student for nearly 14 years, I have been experienced 3 main kinds of teaching styles that creates unforgettable memory in my life.
The first one, which is also the most fantastic style for me is a funny style. This style belongs to an English teacher of my class in 12th grade. For me, he is the funniest teacher in the world. As I still remember, he always smiles in class. His class time was the most expecting time for us in a week and we were rally longing to study his class. In one class, he always tells us at least one funny story. His class is the time to break into laughter and relax. Besides, he always has great funny games in class. Sometimes, his games were so stupid that we couldn’t stand laughing. Because of his great sense of humor, my class love him very much, especially all the girls who always got teased by his special sense. Thanks to him, my classmates and I began to enjoy learning English so much. He has helped us improving our English a lot with his unique slogan “come on, it’s English time. It’s time for fun.” He is the best teacher with a great sense of humor in my student life.
The second teaching style that has impressed me a lot is how friendly and caring my teachers are. This is a style that many teachers in my student life have. Friendly and caring teachers make us feel like a family, not a class. For example, Mr. Tuan, my Math teacher in 10th grade, he was an amazingly friendly and caring teacher. Even though he is a man, he shared with us everything. He talked about anything going on in his life, especially he shares so much about the woman of his life, how and what they have been through to get married. He is like a brother, an uncle of my class. Besides, he is really caring teacher. He cares about all of the students in class even though he is not a study consultant of my class. Because Math is not an easy subject, he explains the lessons very carefully so that everybody can understand all. When some students have questions, he slowly explains again from the beginning. Moreover, he cares not only about our studying, he also cares about our life too. He once took a sick girl in my class to the hospital which is 10kms far away. He cares about us like his family member. All of my classmates love and respect him very much. We enjoy class and study very hard to please him, which is the only way we could do something for him. He is a friendly and caring teacher who changes our life.
The last style which is also my favorite style is being a cold and strict teacher. This style has haunted me from the day I knew it. A cold and strict teacher makes students very scared and depressed and I hate it. Remember the time when I was in 11th grade, Ms. Thu, my geography teacher had a real clod and strict style. We didn’t see her smile in class for nearly a year. Look like she has ice frozen all over her face. Due to her always frowned face, we couldn’t feel any relaxation in class. In her class time, the room is very quiet; nobody says a word but her. I still remember how terrified we were on that Monday morning. She walked into a dirty class room with an unclear board and chaos of table and desks because we hadn’t finished cleaning yet. The first thing she did was she didn’t speak in 15 minutes. Then she looked at us, deliberately gazing at the monitor and began to scold us for nearly half of the class time. Everybody was terrified; nobody said a word until the monitor started to apology in crying. We were so scared of her that day. Even worse, she is very hard to give high marks, and she is really demanding. It’s not so easy to get her 8th mark. There are always a lot of difficult exercises for us to do in one week. Anyone who hasn’t finished homework is not allowed to come to class. I still remember nearly 3/4 of my class were failed her subject that year. She is too cold and strict that makes my class hate studying. We just study to deal with the grades and pass the exams. There is no motivation and passion at all. Her teaching style badly affects me so that I swear I will never be a teacher that scares students away like that.
There are 3 main teaching styles that I have been witness in my life. As a person who wants to become a teacher , I hope that students who have the same interest should try to study more and create a unique style that make students always remember.

1 nhận xét: